Alpinestars Vest Tech-Air Race Airbag System
• Ergonomically profiled, performance fit airbag vest optimized for use with compatible racing/performance riding airbag leather suit.
• Electronic Airbag Control Unit (ACU) incorporated within strong, lightweight, ergonomic polymer back protector, optimized for race and track use.
• Electronic sensors incorporated in the system’s chassis, mean vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably with compatible garments.
• Advanced multi-material main shell incorporates Lycra®, 2D mesh and Cordura.
• Interior comprises of perforated Lycra, 3D mesh and soft touch edging for high levels of comfort.
• Specially designed, race-developed back protector, offering comprehensive inflatable full upper body protection for back shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
• Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position airbag system and ensure custom fit and improve adjustability.
• Deployment system utilizes argon inflator cartridges which are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard.
• System's firmware is upgradable and can be configured to run the Tech-Air Street airbag settings for non-racing use in road and off-road situations.
• ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure its all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function in all weather conditions between -10⁰C and +50⁰C.
• ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
• System uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
• System vest incorporates convenient connection system, allowing system to be connected to race suit quickly and easily for peace-of-mind activation of airbag and LED display.
• Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
• Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance between 45 milliseconds to 5 seconds.
• Design and manufacture CE certified to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive.